About Me

My photo
Not too old. Not too young. Not way too fat. Not very skinny. Not a bad cook, but not great. Not too healthy but not bed-ridden. Sorta boring but kinda fun.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Planning ahead...

Our garden and fruit crops are growing and are not in need of my efforts in the kitchen as of yet. Finishing up the very last of the peas drying process today. We ate some with dinner last night. Yummy. Next year we'll know to start picking earlier so they won't be quite so dry and more sweet. It's amazing to think that I touched each and every pea in the jars and in the bags in the freezer at least twice. sheesh! This week I will be checking and washing jars. We got a literal truck load from freecycle! www.freecycle.org Then I plan on going over my recipes again to refresh my memory (constant battle!) on how everything goes this time of year. Plan to try real jelly/jam instead of freezer type. Blackberries are about ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment