About Me

My photo
Not too old. Not too young. Not way too fat. Not very skinny. Not a bad cook, but not great. Not too healthy but not bed-ridden. Sorta boring but kinda fun.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Back Home Again in Indiana

We had a lovely weekend in Pennsyltucky at our family reunion. Crazy Uncle drove the big blue plastic motorcycle and met oldest son and I there. Now G.U. is off visiting his brother in Ohio. I'm home guarding the chickens and the waaay stinky dogs. Goofy Sally just can't get the hang of waiting till some dumb human takes her outside. I shampoo'd the carpet spot this am but am about to choke on the left over fumes. I'm heading to the Big W to buy that carpet deodorizer schtuff that really works. Even my favorite cleaning tool, vinegar, isn't cutting it! OY! Next major project on the budget is to de-carpet the entire house. Later on today I'll pick some more blackberries and see if I have enough to make some jam. My first shot at real jam instead of freezer type. Will post result later-umm, if it worked and I'm not embarrassed by results. Sorta like the blackberry cobbler I took to the reunion that was inedible! No clue what happened. I've made 4 so far this summer but of course the one that flubbed was the one for others. sheesh. Even my major body builder, 2x Iron Man contestant cousin couldn't cut it. LOL. I did see some kids scraping the berries off the top to eat. It is so lovely outside I hate to spend the day in the house doing domestic goddess type things. Maybe I'll play hookey and hang out at the pool in town. Wanna find a cheap/free small pool for the backyard. I dread paying the water bill to fill it tho.

2 comments:

  1. LOL exactly why I don't make cobbler! Better luck next round. Cool on the berries, I must have eaten a gallon while I was picking. Glad you guts made it home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's guys, not guts, LOL t next to y.....

    ReplyDelete