About Me

My photo
Not too old. Not too young. Not way too fat. Not very skinny. Not a bad cook, but not great. Not too healthy but not bed-ridden. Sorta boring but kinda fun.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Queen's Royal Christmas Wish List. not to be confused with reality.


                      
Here's us girls in our Christmas Jammies.
This year for Christmas I have a dream type wish list. No,that should be WISH LIST. All things on it should be in CAPS cause they are so special in my heart.

The Queen would like a CAMERA. A real CAMERA. A CAMERA with different lenses and night vision goggles and various doo-dads I don't know how to work. I can't paint. I have a Mama who's a phenomenal  artist so I know what's good and what I can do-ain't. I see so much beauty in my world that I want to save it and savor it forever, a CAMERA would do that!! I want to take pictures like Ree. The Pioneer Woman. If you don't go to her blog, shame on you. Here's a link. Just go there. Now. No, wait till I'm done ranting.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/


This is a remarkable sample of her work. And since we're looking at em, I want HORSES. Regal Request #2 is a HORSE or 2. GrumpyCrazy Uncle was saying this morning that alot of folks around us are giving away horses. GIVING away! They can't afford to feed/shelter/vet/farrier them properly. We can't either but this is a "wish" list after all. I've wanted a HORSE since I was 7. Living in town in Kansas City put the kabosh on the desire. I remember crying my heart out when my parents explained why a horse couldn't live in the garage.. So, I'd fake myself out and pretend my bike was my HORSE. sigh, poor delusional little girl.
 
#3 on the Wish List is more CHILDREN. Yup, 53 years old, no girlie parts left and she still wishes she had more kids. Like, oh, 6 or 7 of em. I stopped too soon. Above is a platefull that I love as much as my own, the only difference is these didn't give me stretch marks. Thankfully I have these two precious souls to care for and love on. 

#4 on the Royal Wish Not to be Confused With What Can Really Happen List is a WOOD BURNING STOVE. Installed. With Wish #5, TILE for the whole house, under it. Installed.With heat under it.
OH yeah! Just like that!

I hope I haven't given the impression that I'm not grateful for all I've been allowed to have in this life. I SO am! But, isn't this the season for wishing and dreaming and miracles?

And JAMMIES

1 comment:

  1. Now I don't think that is too much of an unrealistic wish list at all!

    Sorry we didn't 're' connect today.....the more you get to know me, the more you'll realize what a flake I am. :-D

    ReplyDelete